All right, 20 minutes may not be perfectly accurate. It could take less.
You could do it in 10 minutes, if you had the plan and the right tools for it.
Would you like to be that quick? Let me guide you through everything one step at a time. I will explain each of steps thoroughly.
The way I go about designing my cold mailing campaigns goes something like this:
Check your contacts / prospects. (1.5 minutes)
- Do I have a list of them? If yes, where are they? Are they on a piece of paper somewhere, in some spreadsheet, or do I have them already neatly imported under my contacts?
- Don’t have them ready? See how you can import them into your Platformax list of contacts, right here!
Which ones do I want to email – segmentation! (2-3 minutes)
- Sure, I can start emailing 10.000 people at once, but that can be counter-productive, wouldn’t you agree? Instead, I will use our powerful filters to get this done. For example, I filter out contacts who haven’t been emailed or called in the last 2 months, and who haven’t replied either. I will also choose a specific industry and persons’ role as well.
- This makes it easy to really zoom-in on that specific group and get the best possible results.
Create an email sequence, starting with an introduction email. (3-4 minutes)
- You have your contacts ready and you picked which segment you want to use for this cold emailing campaign. Now to the fun part – preparing your first introduction email. Make sure to follow these guidelines we prepared and use ourselves. Once you are done, simply move on to the next step.
Follow-ups. Don’t forget about follow-ups! (3 – 4 minutes)
- So, it’s time to set when and under which conditions does the first follow-up email go out to the prospect. Design your first follow-up well! It’s best to stick to the main point, the one you had in your introduction email (check how to properly design and write intro and follow-ups, a part of the same previously mentioned guide)
- Even more follow-ups. 10 is a good number, and timing is key.
Check if everything is OK (1 minute)
- Go over your text, see if the variables are accurate, if the conditions concerning time and date are accurate and so is everything else and you are satisfied with your setup… Press start!
- Watch as your inbox fills with replies.
Congratulations, you just started your cold emailing campaign! Piece of cake, wasn’t it?
Note that it gets easier with time and experience and that research on the topics and subjects helps a lot, too. Once you have email-templates (that work for your industry) and know how to approach a certain group, designing a cold mailing campaign drops from 2-3 hours to 10-20 minutes of work.
If you want to start prospecting yourself, and you are unsure about how to start, feel free to get in touch with us, subscribe to our business plan for Platformax, and our team will help you with setting-up your first email campaign!
Have a great day and stay productive 🙂